3.8

April 2017 I ordered some Spyder Headlights for my BMW project.Because there were two versions of this headlight (DS1/DS2) for my vehicle, I contacted them prior for a suggestion and placed the order ($750 ish) Waiting a few weeks, I realized the headlights were out-of-stock and it would take a few months.

I contacted them and they did provide a small discount. June 2017 - I received the order, earlier than communicated. Very happy now; but, unfortunately they were the wrong version for my vehicle. Not happy after disassembling the front of my car.

I processed an exchange for the correct headlights. Expected delivery Aug 25... *** but okay. Aug 2017 - I received an email two days before the delivery date telling me its going to be another couple of month.

Seriously... I had just dissembled the front of my vehicle again to prep for the installation. Which made this worse. After speaking with a Carid supervisor, I finally gave up and cancelled the order for the long awaited headlights; dreading the thought of putting my car together...

again, with no new headlights. I received the confirmation email and a 1 -2 business day expectation. Sep 2017 - Three weeks later, still no sign of my MONEY. The money i budgeted for this project a half a year ago that i could really use right now so i can actually ORDER SOMETHING for my vehicle.

Today Sep 14, I live chatted with customer service to see HOW LONG IT ACTUALLY TAKES TO PROCESS A REFUND... the response... Tammy [7:51 AM] I am sorry for such situation Tammy [7:51 AM] i have sent the request to provide yo uwith the refund Alex[7:51 AM] me too. Tammy [7:51 AM] Please allow us 1-2 business days to provide you with the confirmation Alex[7:52 AM] thats what the last person said Tammy [7:52 AM] I am sorry for this but I can send the request only System[7:53 AM] Chat session ended Look...

great site for sure, great consumer tools with the garage feature, live chat and transcript features, great email communication and customer interaction with the staff office awards/recognition.If this was a website company, its 100% - but i just wanted some freaking headlight (and actually some wheels and tires but again pre order only) and NOW I really just want my MONEY so i can actually order some parts of my car from a place that can deliver.

Review about: Carid Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I liked: Website, Easy to find products.

I didn't like: Out of stock items, Long long wait on orders, Long wait on refund, Waiting to only wait again.

Had an Experience with Carid?

Comments

black6alpha

Finally...my money has been returned.

Now I can finally do what i intended to in April...order some headlights.

black6alpha

After multiple calls this morning, I have been told that my refund is being processed and the usual "expect 2-3 business days".Based on my own experience and of the many I have read recently, I am highly doubtful at this point; but, this is my last attempt to be patient and gentleman-like.

If my money is not in my possession by next week... it's scorched earth time.

I will devote an hour a day for a month, writing reviews about my experience in every possible related review site the internet can offer.Until then, I will wait patiently trying not to think about the amount of labor i put into this simple headlight replacement project with no success.