2.0

I ordered a real rosewood dash kit through CarID from Remin manufacturer. The kit took longer than expected to arrive but I understand shipping and delays.

The problem arose when I went to install the dash kit. I have installed many other dash kits from several different manufacturers but never a kit from Remin.

I cleaned the dash throughly with automotive cleaners to remove oil, dirt etc. All of the pieces layed nice and were sticky with the exception of two large pieces. I had the rest of the vehicle done front and back.

The pieces were not sticky after taking them off of the cardboard but I attempted anyhow. No 3M promotor was included in the kit and CarID was able to send me several to use. That did not work either as the pieces will not adhere if they are not sticky. I tried the heat gun to soften the glue and piece but it did not help.

I contacted CarID who notified Remin. Remin's response was for me to pay a "discounted" price for the 2 pieces implying that they would not stick because according to them, my dash wasn't cleaned thoroughly. After installing other dash kits without issues throughout the years, the Remin brand was very disappointing and they do not stand by their product.

What kind of quality control do they have if they shipped out the kit without promotor included. It is possible that the 3M foam tape was defective or expired but I refuse to pay for something that should have been addressed by the company.

Review about: Dash Kit.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

I just canceled for a second time...they keep sending shipping dates that come and go...useless company!