Verified Reviewer

Original review updated by user Apr 16, 2021

By far, the absolute worst online shopping experience ever. I ordered a trailer hitch for a 2021 Jeep Cherokee Limited with the wiring kit more than a month ago and still have not received the correct item.

The first wiring kit that they sent is clearly marked on the package that it is for a Jeep GRAND Cherokee 2011 TO 2017. I called and after 42 minutes of awful music and dumb comments, I was told that a replacement would be shipped ASAP and the return label would be emailed to me. After more than a week I had not received anything and called again. Again I was told that the correct part was on the way but when I received it 2 days later, Again it was the wrong part.

This time they sent me a wiring kit for a Jeep GRAND Cherokee 2011 to 2018. After many calls and after many more minutes of awful music and announcements, I was put in touch with their Expert Consumer Rep who assured me that he would resolve everything. He assured me that I would receive the correct part within 2 days and I would receive the return instructions via Email within 24 hours. One week later, I received yet another incorrect part, this time the wiring kit for a 2019 Jeep Cherokee.

I still have not received the return instructions/labels for the return of the incorrect parts. I called again and left a detailed message for the Expert and a day later he sent me a message stating that the 3rd part sent is the correct part even though the package states otherwise. He also stated that the return instructions had already been sent to my Email address. It has been over a month since I started this ordeal and I have yet to receive even one Email from Carid and I have repeated the correct Email address to 4 different customer service reps.

I have now had to turn it over to my VISA card company to dispute the charges made to my card. In all the years of ordering items online, this is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with.

It feels as if they are purposely delaying a refund so as to hold onto my money and collect interest. I can not imaging why a company as big as Carid hires the most incompetent customer service reps and dont understand how they can stay in business.

User's recommendation: Read the reviews before dealing with Carid.

CARiD Cons: Poor instructions, Poor shipping times, Customer support, Never answers phones, Poor quality bad exchange policy.

Comments