Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

Website along with Customer Rep stated replacement seat was "VEHICLE SPECIFIC" and no added frames nor adjustments necessary. After two hours, Mechanic calls Car ID to confirm whether seat is correct.

Customer Service states again, YES. Two more hours of work, Mechanic calls Car ID a second time because frame and seat are not aligning. This time the Technical Dept. calls the supplier and finds out that it will NOT fit that vehicle.

Car ID admitted their inventory info was input incorrectly. After three separate phone calls to "supervisors" the "only thing" they can do for me is offer a $75 gift card. So the full cost for my mechanic shop visit is borne by me. They feel they have no obligation nor ethical duty to help fix their mess.

As a professional business person, if I created this mess for a client, I would have at least offered to split the bill. Professional auto shops are worth every penny but Car ID, an auto supply company, feels that $75 is "more than generous" to cover the cost of a professional mechanic to waste his time and my money fixing their inventory screwup. I was so disgusted with their lack of reason that out of principle I refused their pathetic offer. At least they mustered up enough ethical wherewith all to RMA the seat.

Although, it seems to them that I should be "appreciative" that they are refunding the $330 I paid for the seat they incorrectly sold me. Like anyone else who fill out these complaints, obviously I am VERY DISAPPOINTED in the company and not treating their customers with the respect and dignity worthy of our hard-earned money. If anyone from Car ID would like the copy of my Auto Shops Invoice then please feel free to reach out to me.

Final thoughts, only deal with professional organizations that value and respect you as a customer. Car ID has not proven to be that sort of company, in my case of their obvious culpability.

As a professional myself I don't put the financial burden on my customers/clients to fix my companies inventory mistakes. OWN IT!

User's recommendation: Despite their websites slick UI. Do not trust Car ID website alone. Reach out to manufacturer directly to confirm vehicle compatibility.

Preferred solution: Reimburse me, at the minimum 50% of what I paid, to have their mistaken part waste everyone's time and my money. .

Comments