Purchased a set of running boards for my wife’s 2018 Volkwagon Altas.

About the product:

Broadfeet - 6" R66 Wheel-to-Wheel Black Running Boards with Integrated LED Light.

Running boards look great, but I can see that the paint coating will soon wear away. These running boards are made in CHEAP CHINA. ALSO THE PLUG FOR THE LED LIGHT IS CHEAP AND DELICATE, WILL MALFUNCTION SOON AFTER INSTALATION AS A RESULT OF A POOR CONNECTION DESIGN.

I will purchase my running boards directly from Volkswagen specific for the Atlas. I saw a set on an Atlas the boards where installed in 2017. The car had 45,000 Kilometres in fall of 2018. They are manufactured in the USA made of top quality material and still looked as new after so many kilometres.

About the company ID CARID:

1, I made my purchase, and paid by credit card. They overcharged my card about $31.00. When I emailed ID CARID about the overcharge, all they said I will have to contact my bank. What the *** has by bank have to do with how ID CARID charge my card. I never received the overcharge…

2, The item was a birthday surprise for my wife’s new Atlas. Purchased the item based on ID CARID website statement >>> In Stock - Ships within 24 hrs.

I received the item some 3 weeks later, so much for my wife’s birthday gift surprise. ID CARID blamed the manufacture for the delay, but ID CARID stated on there website that the item is (IN STOCK) ships in 24 hrs, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THEM in your warehouse then stop misleading customers. REMOVE THE STATEMNT IN STOCK>>>. You f….up my dear wife’s birthday surprise for here new ATLAS.

3, After booking the install, my wife decided to take the day off work, as she was ecstatic to have to boards installed, after such a long delay. She was willing to wait during the install. As a result, they shipped the wrong brackets, what a waist of time, disappointment and frustration and loss of wages.

4, After contacting ID CAIRD to have the items returned for a refund, they are asking for me to pay for the return shipping. This company is the first time I have purchased from them and will be my last. They have horrible customer service, have no companion about the frustration they have caused me and my wife. They are only concerned about me paying for return shipping. Blamed my bank for the overcharge, had no concern about the delayed shipping. We will see about that shipping fee, once I file a complaint with my credit card company for items received not as described.

Buy from AMAZON, have had nothing but 100% positive results…have purchased over 40 items this past year. Goodbye ID CARID…such a goofy name.

Product or Service Mentioned: Carid Customer Care.

Carid Cons: Beyond keeping some of my money.

• Scam