2.4
Turnaround Time

Ordered an item on a Monday morning, where the site says "ships today".Saw no movement with the order, so did online chat on Tuesday about noon.

The person said the order was in verification and I had to call a number. I called and answered the verification questions, and they said the ship date should be that same day (and my order on their web site said the same thing). Problem number 1 - How long would the order have sat there if I didn't check on Tuesday?? Next, still no movement on Wednesday.

I chat and am told that it ships from the manufacturer and I would hear back in "24-48 business hours". I ask about "business hours" and the chat rep says 1-2 days. Still no movement on Thursday, so I chat again, and get exactly the same feedback (word-for-word). I chat on Friday and get the same feedback.

I call on Friday and am told the same thing. I email over the weekend and am told the exact same thing again, but they cannot look into it further because it is the weekend. I call on Monday, and this rep is helpful and calls the manufacturer with me on hold. Gives me a tracking number and says they said I have to call them to arrange delivery.

I call the number the rep gave me and they have no idea what is going on and cannot find the tracking number in their system. I call back on Monday afternoon. Another rep calls and says he spoke with them and it should be delivered on Tuesday. It is now Tuesday and nothing yet.

But, the tracking number is in the system now, showing the shipping company picked up the order yesterday - a full week after the "ships today" promise on Carid website!! At least now I can see the tracking and it is on the way. I am extremely disappointed in the lack of customer service. The online chat on Thursday with them resulted in the agent saying that finding out where the order is (any tracking information) is "beyond my competence".

Seriously! I was floored by that one!

Anyway, I cannot recommend this company and would pay the extra 8% difference to order from a different source next time (that was the difference in price, as I was close to canceling it yesterday and ordering it elsewhere).Your mileage may vary, but I won't be wasting any of mileage with Carid anytime soon.

Review about: Carid Shipping Service.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Had an Experience with Carid?

Comments

CARiD

Dear Client,

Thank you for taking time to post this feedback and letting us know about the issue you had encountered with.First of all we want to apologize for all inconvenience this delay had caused to you.

We do understand your dissatisfaction.

We would like to look into your profile and check why that issue was taking place.

Unfortunately, we were unable to find your order in our system.Please reply to this comment with your order number.

Sincerely,