1.7
Turnaround Time

I am a car stereo newbie, so asked the 'pros' at CARID to spec a system and install hardware, which I paid for.Turns out, after much runaround, that they a) spec'ed the wrong part for the adapter ($35 - no refund because I had taken it out of the packaging) and b) did not even bother spec'ing the necessary module to allow me to retain my system warning chimes.

I trusted them, and only after considerable hassling did I get them to send me the right adapter harness ($7, which they ate). I talked with them multiple times, each time asking that a manager call me back. They promised - three times - to do this but it never happened. When talking to customer support, they advised me that on the weekends, there is no one available to deal with problematic calls.

I was actually told by one rep that the managers were 'at a meeting, in another building, and they were not allowed to interrupt.' Total lie. After I finally called during their business hours and FINALLY talking to a supervisor (they refused to let me speak with a manager), they didn't review the call notes because the most recent call had not been added to the call diaries. I repeated my story for the 4th or 5th time, but they said I was outta luck, I had to pay for the chimes adapter ($85), at a slightly discounted rate (I could still find it cheaper at Walmart - retail). How they SHOULD have dealt this: "We are so sorry for this misunderstanding.

Considering that you have already paid for an erroneous part, we will szend you the chimes adapter free/at 50% cost." I have been in first, second, supervisory and mgmt levels in customer support and their model sucks. There should ALWAYS be someone who has rights to 'make it right' for a customer, even if that means eating some money. Their 'policy' is a set of choices that will affect their competitiveness. In this world, two things influence competitiveness and survival - price and service.

Note the posts about CARID not price matching, etc. as well as other complaints about service.

CARID is failing at both.Perhaps whatever company fills the void when they fold will do a better job.

Review about: Carid Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Send the right part, at their cost.

I didn't like: Customer service inflexibility.

Had an Experience with Carid?

Comments