Verified Reviewer

3.0

I placed an order, #4152****, last week. Brake parts to include rebuild calipers, with a $90 core charge.

Per carid website.

"Locate the plastic packing slip envelope that was included with your product."

No packing slip envelope was included.

"Print the prepaid shipping label (sent to you via e-mail) and insert it into the plastic packing envelope."

No shipping label was emailed to me. So I contacted CS via chat. I was told the shipping label will be sent to me in 3 to 5 days. REALLY?

But it gets better.

From carid website.

"Once we receive and inspect the returned product your deposit will be refunded to your original form of payment."

This is a lie. CS told me I have to return the cores to powerstop, not carid. And if they feel the calipers are rebuildable they will issue me a paper check for my $90. In one to two months!!!

And, carid doesn't even have UPS pick up my cores, as other companies have.

I need to drive to the local UPS store and deal with them. And I'm willing to bet powerstop says my cores are not rebuildable, in their opinion, so no $90 check for me.

And if I insist they send them back y=to me, they refuse or tell me i pay shipping.

Carid SHOULD have mad all of this clear BEFORE I made the purchase, not after. This was my first and last purchase from this deceptive company.

User's recommendation: Buy elsewhere.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

CARiD Cons: Everythng.