CARiD - False Advertising/Representation - Bad part and No help
I ordered a remanufactured rack and pinion through Rock Auto, but cancelled the order after seeing the part on the CARiD website for a few bucks more, but NEW. No where on the site does it indicate that the part is remanufactured. When I called to order the part I specifically asked if the part was NEW and was told, Yes. When I took it to the shop to have it installed the mechanic realized that it was not a new part when he opened the box. At that point I was stuck as the part is not easy to get and had to be ordered, so in good faith thinking that the part is functional I decided to have it installed. After installing the rack and pinion, which is a big job, it turns out that the part is bad. I thought that maybe the original shop misdiagnosed the problem, but I took the car to a Chevrolet dealership the following day and they too confirmed that the part was bad.
When I called CARiD just now to discuss returning the part I was informed that they will not help with any of the labor cost. I'm on my own. So I'm out $870.02 in labor cost. Never again will I deal with this company.
Their site did not indicate that the part was remanufactured. Their respresentative gave verbal confirmation that the part was new. It was in fact not new. The part is no good and a big company like this leaves you hanging with a huge labor bill. It's not right!
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "CarId is the worst company I have ever dealt with. They are crooks who sell used, broken, parts as new, and parts that don't fit. They then refuse to issue..."
- "I bought an A/C Compressor and when I got it, it was missing parts that should be with it to function in my car. It was missing a pressure switch..."
- "Purchased a DuraFlex Fiberglass Body Kit for 2003 Toyota Corolla on March 19, 2015. It was delivered on March 27, 2015. My initial inspection was that the box..."
- "Hello from Amazon.com. We can certainly understand your concerns about this claim being closed. However, as stated in our previous message, regarding 1x4-1726519-22xxx69: The seller who fulfilled this order indicates no return has been..."
- "Check out this FPL repair job on a residential 200 amp underground service wire (see attached photo). We ran across this and figured that this shoddy repair work, clearly made..."
- "1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance. 2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system..."
- "Ordered over $100 worth of items on 11/27. Emailed them 3 times now at various email addresses to no avail. Nothing comes back undeliverable so the emails are valid. I..."
- "Total scam the kit does not cost $39.95 like is advertised (I attached picture) you are billed $123.84 for the kit. In 3 payments of $39.95..Then if you don't cancel..."
- "Brand new Avenger leaks every time it rains. I bought it 6 minths ago from McGeorges RV and have had numerous leaks every time it rains. The manufacturer will not..."