1.3
Turnaround Time

I ordered a remanufactured rack and pinion through Rock Auto, but cancelled the order after seeing the part on the CARiD website for a few bucks more, but NEW. No where on the site does it indicate that the part is remanufactured. When I called to order the part I specifically asked if the part was NEW and was told, Yes. When I took it to the shop to have it installed the mechanic realized that it was not a new part when he opened the box. At that point I was stuck as the part is not easy to get and had to be ordered, so in good faith thinking that the part is functional I decided to have it installed. After installing the rack and pinion, which is a big job, it turns out that the part is bad. I thought that maybe the original shop misdiagnosed the problem, but I took the car to a Chevrolet dealership the following day and they too confirmed that the part was bad.

When I called CARiD just now to discuss returning the part I was informed that they will not help with any of the labor cost. I'm on my own. So I'm out $870.02 in labor cost. Never again will I deal with this company.

Their site did not indicate that the part was remanufactured. Their respresentative gave verbal confirmation that the part was new. It was in fact not new. The part is no good and a big company like this leaves you hanging with a huge labor bill. It's not right!

This person wrote the review because of "no compensation for labor" of carid auto part from Carid and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $870 and wants Carid to issue a full refund.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Carid for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Carid?

Comments

CARiD
#1219041

Dear Client,

Thank you very much for posting this feedback. We regret to know, that you had encountered such issues with the product you had purchased with us. We will be glad to provide you with the replacement product, but unfortunately, we cannot cover the labor fees.

Please get back to us with the requested information, and we will have the warranty approved and will provide with the replacement.

Sincerely,