I ordered a remanufactured rack and pinion through Rock Auto, but cancelled the order after seeing the part on the CARiD website for a few bucks more, but NEW. No where on the site does it indicate that the part is remanufactured. When I called to order the part I specifically asked if the part was NEW and was told, Yes. When I took it to the shop to have it installed the mechanic realized that it was not a new part when he opened the box. At that point I was stuck as the part is not easy to get and had to be ordered, so in good faith thinking that the part is functional I decided to have it installed. After installing the rack and pinion, which is a big job, it turns out that the part is bad. I thought that maybe the original shop misdiagnosed the problem, but I took the car to a Chevrolet dealership the following day and they too confirmed that the part was bad.
When I called CARiD just now to discuss returning the part I was informed that they will not help with any of the labor cost. I'm on my own. So I'm out $870.02 in labor cost. Never again will I deal with this company.
Their site did not indicate that the part was remanufactured. Their respresentative gave verbal confirmation that the part was new. It was in fact not new. The part is no good and a big company like this leaves you hanging with a huge labor bill. It's not right!
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Well guys and girls got my 2800-3200 stall from monster today was happy to drop it off at transmission shop to have put it .well about to hours later he..."
- "I took the unit apart. Came in a small aluminum container. The 'chip' and the PC board it was on were a joke. Pure scam. The circuit is nonsense. Not..."
- "This whole expensive disaster started in February of 2014. I had used Michigan Motorz a few times before and thought they were a good solid company that stood behind the..."
- "Check out this FPL repair job on a residential 200 amp underground service wire (see attached photo). We ran across this and figured that this shoddy repair work, clearly made..."
- "1. Rented a Thrifty car online 1 week in advance. 2. Next day received email with 25% discount offer so made new reservation online. Attempted to cancel 1st reservation but system..."
- "Hello from Amazon.com. We can certainly understand your concerns about this claim being closed. However, as stated in our previous message, regarding 1x4-1726519-22xxx69: The seller who fulfilled this order indicates no return has been..."
- "They do not respect lifetime warranty. I bought these HID Low and High beam. I did had a replacement about a year after I bought. And next year after still do..."
- "Justin Holt from Austin commercial will be tried in court for numerous accounts of fraud: conspiracy to terrorism, fraud, misrepresentation, conspiracy to perjury, false advertising, breach of contract, violation of..."
- "I have been a long term customer of this business with no problem. The first time I had a problem was when they sent me the wrong product. ..."