Carid - Buyer Beware!!!
Purchased a DuraFlex Fiberglass Body Kit for 2003 Toyota Corolla on March 19, 2015.It was delivered on March 27, 2015.
My initial inspection was that the box was damaged and in bad shape, but I personally did not know what to look for in damage for fiberglass body parts. Parts were further inspected by my body shop professional on April 4, 2015 upon preparation of installing the body kit. The shop called me immediately to come to the shop to show me major problems. The body kit has numerous chips in the gel coat and several cracks in the fiberglass.
The also noted that the front bumper cover would not fit my car as stated without removing the front bumper support cross beam and front bumper impact absorber pad. Both of these are major safety features on the car and removal would make the car unsafe to drive with fear of front impact would cause the motor to come into the cab of the car due to no front impact protection. Of course the website did not state this major modification to my actual car frame structure, but only stated that sanding and cutting of the parts would be required and professional installation. I contacted CarID.com immediately that same day and they requested photos.
I sent photos of all the damage. No response back. I called several times and kept being sent to an automated customer service to take a message and never called back. The finally spoke with a manager on April 9, 2015.
Sent him the photos and he said that I had a good claim and should know something in 24-48 hours. No response. I have emailed and called several times again to only be ignored again. Their website says 100 percent Satisfaction Guaranteed.
This is apparently a lie.
They have basically stole my money.Do not purchase from this company.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Lack of customer service
- Lack of communication
- No organization or service
- Company management
- False satisfaction guarantee
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Duraflex Fiberglass Body Kit
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "The product is not as appears on the website. Cheap, cheap, cheap, and did I say, Cheap! The quality of the material on the car seats looks like..."
- "Dear BBB, Today (4/5/2014) I visited one of your Costco warehouse stores (1320 S. Route 59, Naperville, IL 60564-5944) in the morning around 10am. My primary purpose was to get my..."
- "I ordered a remanufactured rack and pinion through Rock Auto, but cancelled the order after seeing the part on the CARiD website for a few bucks more, but NEW. ..."
- "I purchased two of the toilet bowl lights and installed it but the light does not turn off. It is on constantly therefore it will wear out the batteries much..."
- "Big man Lane recliner, went to recline and spring busted flew across room and just missed my flat screen, & my big window. WG&R where I bought it will not..."
- "I contacted Tamia at 6478700100 this past tuesday. I went to her motel room in Barrie and we discussed what i was into and then i gave her 200 donations..."
- "Avoid getting a Samsung washing machine. Like many others, the area around the bleach dispenser on our Samsung WA5451ANW washing machine began to show signs of rusting after just..."
- "**Sept 14 2014 Click4Support called today and said they would not be billing my credit card for the $1200. They offered an additional gift certificate for the "inconvenience"..."
- "Sob story Elizabeth white claimed her mom dying of cancer, job takes too much time need to get rid of horses to good home - total scam! Horses originally in..."