Featured on Google+ 100% full Not resolved

Purchased a DuraFlex Fiberglass Body Kit for 2003 Toyota Corolla on March 19, 2015.It was delivered on March 27, 2015.

My initial inspection was that the box was damaged and in bad shape, but I personally did not know what to look for in damage for fiberglass body parts. Parts were further inspected by my body shop professional on April 4, 2015 upon preparation of installing the body kit. The shop called me immediately to come to the shop to show me major problems. The body kit has numerous chips in the gel coat and several cracks in the fiberglass.

The also noted that the front bumper cover would not fit my car as stated without removing the front bumper support cross beam and front bumper impact absorber pad. Both of these are major safety features on the car and removal would make the car unsafe to drive with fear of front impact would cause the motor to come into the cab of the car due to no front impact protection. Of course the website did not state this major modification to my actual car frame structure, but only stated that sanding and cutting of the parts would be required and professional installation. I contacted CarID.com immediately that same day and they requested photos.

I sent photos of all the damage. No response back. I called several times and kept being sent to an automated customer service to take a message and never called back. The finally spoke with a manager on April 9, 2015.

Sent him the photos and he said that I had a good claim and should know something in 24-48 hours. No response. I have emailed and called several times again to only be ignored again. Their website says 100 percent Satisfaction Guaranteed.

This is apparently a lie.

They have basically stole my money.Do not purchase from this company.

Review about: Duraflex Fiberglass Body Kit.

I didn't like: Lack of customer service, Lack of communication, No organization or service, Company management, False satisfaction guarantee.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / $567
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Carid?

Comments

Anytime USPS/UPS/FEDEX mashes a package up I will refuse to accept it and will have them send it right back, you never know how damaged the packages contents are..

BTW!You DONT have to remove your factory reinforcement bar, with MOST body kits you only need to cut off an inch or two at each end, which is no big deal, your obviously using a shop that doesn't know squat about auto body modifications or body kits.

NOT all body shops are the same!

ALWAYS check and make sure the body shop you intend to use knows about doing mods and doesn't just say they can or will do it!

And really?YOU couldn't just open the box and see if anything was cracked for yourself before you brought everything to a disreputable shop?

Sorry, but I have little sympathy for the ignorant and naive!

I am so sorry to hear about your luck. I had also ordered a hood for my car and it was also damaged. They have been giving me the same run around.

to Anonymous Jonesboro, Arkansas, United States #991923

I filed a dispute with my credit card and got my money back.