Carid - Buyer Beware!!!
Purchased a DuraFlex Fiberglass Body Kit for 2003 Toyota Corolla on March 19, 2015.It was delivered on March 27, 2015.
My initial inspection was that the box was damaged and in bad shape, but I personally did not know what to look for in damage for fiberglass body parts. Parts were further inspected by my body shop professional on April 4, 2015 upon preparation of installing the body kit. The shop called me immediately to come to the shop to show me major problems. The body kit has numerous chips in the gel coat and several cracks in the fiberglass.
The also noted that the front bumper cover would not fit my car as stated without removing the front bumper support cross beam and front bumper impact absorber pad. Both of these are major safety features on the car and removal would make the car unsafe to drive with fear of front impact would cause the motor to come into the cab of the car due to no front impact protection. Of course the website did not state this major modification to my actual car frame structure, but only stated that sanding and cutting of the parts would be required and professional installation. I contacted CarID.com immediately that same day and they requested photos.
I sent photos of all the damage. No response back. I called several times and kept being sent to an automated customer service to take a message and never called back. The finally spoke with a manager on April 9, 2015.
Sent him the photos and he said that I had a good claim and should know something in 24-48 hours. No response. I have emailed and called several times again to only be ignored again. Their website says 100 percent Satisfaction Guaranteed.
This is apparently a lie.
They have basically stole my money.Do not purchase from this company.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Lack of customer service
- Lack of communication
- No organization or service
- Company management
- False satisfaction guarantee
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Duraflex Fiberglass Body Kit
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a used 5.9l dodge ram engine that was advertised on their website picture on a pallet very clean with 70,000 miles(was supposed to be an actual picture..."
- "good old josh is still not man enough to admit that the monster transmission has made a mistake and put the wrong parts in my transmission even after i had..."
- "Ordered the X Metal black mesh wire grilles upper and lower by phone as I had some questions which were promptly answered by Eric. I installed the bumper grille insert..."
- "**Sept 14 2014 Click4Support called today and said they would not be billing my credit card for the $1200. They offered an additional gift certificate for the "inconvenience"..."
- "Avoid getting a Samsung washing machine. Like many others, the area around the bleach dispenser on our Samsung WA5451ANW washing machine began to show signs of rusting after just..."
- "Sob story Elizabeth white claimed her mom dying of cancer, job takes too much time need to get rid of horses to good home - total scam! Horses originally in..."
- "I requested a quote, which they gave but were really pushy over the phone. I sent off my PS4 to have the fan fixed. Hardly heard a thing from them..."
- "No, she's not a thief; she is just the opposite. She's the best. Her picture was nothing like her: she is ten times more beautiful in person. Her face, her..."
- "Had my UP2 for 8 months when the band broke, split in two. Filed a claim in Sept. '16 and was told they would replace within 3-4 weeks. As with..."