Carid - Buyer Beware!!!
Purchased a DuraFlex Fiberglass Body Kit for 2003 Toyota Corolla on March 19, 2015.It was delivered on March 27, 2015.
My initial inspection was that the box was damaged and in bad shape, but I personally did not know what to look for in damage for fiberglass body parts. Parts were further inspected by my body shop professional on April 4, 2015 upon preparation of installing the body kit. The shop called me immediately to come to the shop to show me major problems. The body kit has numerous chips in the gel coat and several cracks in the fiberglass.
The also noted that the front bumper cover would not fit my car as stated without removing the front bumper support cross beam and front bumper impact absorber pad. Both of these are major safety features on the car and removal would make the car unsafe to drive with fear of front impact would cause the motor to come into the cab of the car due to no front impact protection. Of course the website did not state this major modification to my actual car frame structure, but only stated that sanding and cutting of the parts would be required and professional installation. I contacted CarID.com immediately that same day and they requested photos.
I sent photos of all the damage. No response back. I called several times and kept being sent to an automated customer service to take a message and never called back. The finally spoke with a manager on April 9, 2015.
Sent him the photos and he said that I had a good claim and should know something in 24-48 hours. No response. I have emailed and called several times again to only be ignored again. Their website says 100 percent Satisfaction Guaranteed.
This is apparently a lie.
They have basically stole my money.Do not purchase from this company.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Lack of customer service
- Lack of communication
- No organization or service
- Company management
- False satisfaction guarantee
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Duraflex Fiberglass Body Kit
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "number one.. Just ordering my first choice scooter was supposed to be an auto moto in black. Got an email a few days later so you don't have in black number..."
- "I purchased a so called Custom Bagger Kit from Bag Boyz Customs !!! I wondered why they didn't have more pics of finished products on their website, but was assured..."
- "I dunno about all these negative reviews but I purchased a set of XD Rockstar Wheels from CARiD and I didn't know exactly what I was looking for or what..."
- "**Sept 14 2014 Click4Support called today and said they would not be billing my credit card for the $1200. They offered an additional gift certificate for the "inconvenience"..."
- "Avoid getting a Samsung washing machine. Like many others, the area around the bleach dispenser on our Samsung WA5451ANW washing machine began to show signs of rusting after just..."
- "Sob story Elizabeth white claimed her mom dying of cancer, job takes too much time need to get rid of horses to good home - total scam! Horses originally in..."
- "I ordered a trailer hitch, ball and wiring system all in one combo on Monday the 17th from etrailer.com. My card was charged immediately. They sent me an email 3..."
- "why is it that when i upgrade defences a few days later i have to upgrade again on same defence once i have maxed it for its town hall level..."
- "Short story; been with Geico 20+ years w/out a ticket or accident. Got a DUI, was told I had to increase my insurance coverage. Fine; I was wrong so I..."