Resolved

Update by user Mar 20

CARID accepted their responsibility and offered a full refund.

Original review posted by user Mar 07

DO NOT USE CARID. I have just spent 210$ on a LED Conversion Kit for my Ford F150 headlights only to realize that the kit does not work with my reflector style headlights. CARID will assume no responsibility and will not take the LED kit back despite their web shop claims the LED kit is guaranteed to fit my Truck.

After spending hours comparing prices and brands I settled with the LIFETIME LED LIGHTS - LED Conversion Kit from CARID. Their site specifically assured me that the kit would fit all Ford F150 models including mine 2011 F150. Furthermore, CARID claimed that the product was a not only a “Guaranteed fitment” but also “Always the correct part”.

After installing the LED kit, I noticed the light spread pattern was a little different compared to OEM but more importantly the High beam didn’t extend outwards but to the sides. I wrote their helpdesk asking what could be done to improve the situation and if adjusting the LED bulb would be an option since I’ve read that this might solve the problem. I also provided the requested pictures illustrating the problem and the VIN number. Within a couple of hours, the reply came back stating the following.

“Thank you for contacting CARiD.com!

We apologize for the troubles occurred. We have verified the issue with our technical specialist, and he said that you would not be able to adjust the diodes. The LED conversion kit is not able to be adjusted, and your headlights are not optimal for LEDs. I am so sorry for the inconvenience. It is recommended to use the Halogen bulbs instead of LEDs.

I regret to let you know that we cannot accept the product back if it has been installed / modified / has signs of installation / remarks. According to the pictures, you have installed the product already. Please reconfirm whether the product is in the brand new and resalable condition, and you have the original packaging in case of return.

I would like to offer you the $25.00 Gift certificate for the inconvenience. You will be able to redeem the price for the next purchase. Would it work for you?

I look forward to your reply.

Thank you for your business with CARiD.com and have a great day!”

I was very confused with this answer and was convinced that this was based on some sort of misunderstanding so I decided to call them instead of writing back and forth. Unfortunately, there was no misunderstanding. The Helpdesk person kept reciting her script and repeating the CARID narrative that they do not accept used parts for refund. No amount of sane argumentation about how it would be impossible to verify the LED light bulbs without installing them in the light housing could convince her. She kept to her script and would not accept the parts back for a refund.

In this day with so many great online shops available it is amazing that CARID treats their customers so badly. They assume no responsibility for their recommendations despite being so obviously incorrect. Consider yourself warned.

Product or Service Mentioned: Headlight Conversion Kit.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments