Verified Reviewer

I agree with many other reviewers, 1 star is too high of a rating. I ordered 2 struts for my jeep.

I was careful to order a driver's and passenger's side strut. When I received my confirmation, I noticed that 2 passenger's side only struts were being shipped. I completed an online chat with Carolyn at Carid. To say I'm less than pleased with the company's policies and how they go about communicating, is an understatement.

I order to get the part I believe I ordered, they are deducting the shipping and charging an additional $7.50 from my refund for returning the part. In the age of Amazon Prime, these return policies, that end up making them money, are archaic and will lose many more customers than me. I do not recommend you order from them, and clearly I never will again. I am a glass half full person, and order a majority of what I buy online without hesitation.

I will do more research than price from now on.

BTW - while Carid's initial price was better, Partsgeek.com was cheaper since their shipping charge for 2 struts is $19.95 versus Carid's $47.11.

Ultimately, total price, Carid was $37 more expensive that Parts Geek even though Parts Geek's list price was higher. CARID IS A RIP OFF!!!!!!!!!

User's recommendation: Do Not Buy from CARiD.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments